8 feb 73
dear Sally: I am beginning to be alarmed about the small
enrollment for my lecture series. How am I even going to pay my fare to there & back with only 10 people signed up? Richard Myers can't book me in March; wants me in May. Haven't heard from Indiana college. And yet—I do want to come to Pittsburgh. Should we have a cut-off date? Like Feb 15. Or 20. And then think of some alternative show.
I feel we should make decision, thus allowing me to try for some other bookings during that week in March. If possible.
I know you are besieged, and I don't want to dump more problems on you. But I suddenly confronted the reality and gasped.
I am swamped on this end too with the demands of students. But I hope you will still be my valentine. Love,